Saturday 13 October 2012

Resolutions

It's been quite a while since I last posted on my blog. So I've resolved to do better and get on here every day, or whenever I've got something to say. I always find the start of the academic year a much greater motivator than the traditional 1st January. For me, the dark days of winter just make me want to batten down the hatches and stuff my face with cheese and chocolate. So here I find myself at the beginning of a brand new OU module, looking out of the window at a crisp blue sky and wondering which of my new resolutions to attempt first. They are (in no particular order):

1. Go to the gym - I've bought 2 pairs of shorts, enrolled and been twice this week. Who'd have thought that as a stay-at-home mum I'd struggle so much to find the time! And I haven't worn the shorts yet because I keep forgetting to shave my legs. The problems with having an absentee husband!
2. Finish my unfinished stories - well, I've transferred them onto the dropbox folder that I can access from my laptop. So, they're there whenever I want to look at them. Any time soon ...
3. Show my virtual face in the writing group forum - I'm a member of All Write Then, a collective of writers who met at the OU who like to share stories. We have a blog (http://allwritethen.wordpress.com/). We're also writing a collection of stories and poems which we are attempting to get published to raise money for the Alzheimers Society. 
4. Keep up with my OU studies - I've even got a little bit ahead this week, because I know that I have a trip to the UAE in 10 days, so I don't want to end up falling behind. I'm really enjoying it so far, especially after the long break. But it's definitely tougher than last year. And the quality of the work posted by my tutor group is really high, so the pressure's on!
5. Write chapter 2 of my novel. Well, as with my other stories, it's accessible from my laptop. So, any time ...
6. Don't forget that I've got kids - oh crikey. I keep doing that. I suppose I'd better go and see what they're up to ... .

No comments:

Post a Comment