Saturday 4 February 2012

Face on my arm

Hi again (2 posts in a day? Avoiding poetry!).
I thought I'd share my latest addition with you all. I had it done by Job De Quay at Salon Serpent in Amsterdam on Wednesday. Hope you like it ... it's my new favourite.
Unfortunately, the temperature in Amsterdam was absurdly low and I spent the whole week freezing cold. So when I arrived at the studio I just couldn't warm up. You know that feeling where you're chilled to the bone and the only effect that standing against an open fire has is to melt your skin, but your bones are still frozen? Well that about sums up how I felt when I got there and for the first hour or 2 of the tattoo. I was shivering so violently that Job kept asking if I needed some soup or a cup of tea. But I knew that it wouldn't help. I was almost hypothermic. The moral of this little tale is that you should always wear full-length trousers and socks when the temperature is -4! You'd think that I'd know that, coming from the North East.
Anyway, you can't see the full design from this photo, as it wraps around my (inner fore-)arm. But the lady is supposed to represent me (not look like me though. That would be weird, ha ha). Then there are 3 little flowers for the kids (blue for Sonny and pink for the girls) and a heart for Dave. Although after his lack of activity over the last 2 days whilst I have tidied and cleaned the entire house and done countless loads of washing/drying/ironing/putting away makes me wonder if he deserves it! I'm hoping to catch Job at a future guest spot, as he does travel to the UK fairly frequently, so that he can fill in most of the rest of my lower right arm with some stylised hex flowers etc. Failing that, it might have to wait until next years' Amsterdam trip. Unless we manage to get there with the kids in the summer.
Anyway, hope you like it. Maria doesn't. But then she's 10 going on 15 and hates everything except Justin Bieber. As for me, I love it and can't wait for it to stop seeping and peeling and HURTING. Bye for now. I might get on with some poetry. Then again, I might watch Take Me Out instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment